How to Choose a Wellness RetreatBrianna Jonak
Wellness is a balanced body, mind, and spirit. Many people these days are embarking on a journey to be well in all senses of the world. A great way to get grounded into a lasting wellness lifestyle is to embark on one of the many wellness retreats that are cropping up these days. You can get pumped, get cleansed, and get harmonized.
Getting on the mind-body-soul train can be super easy when you have your day laviously spaced around nourishing activities like spa visits, organic meals, yoga, and juice cleanses. You can have your cake and eat it too; or shall I say your fresh made juice and drink it too.
Picking the Right Health Wellness Retreat
So how do you decide these days when there are an abundance of options? The first thing to do is ask yourself, “What at this moment would create more wellness for you?” Take a moment, close your eyes, and let your imagination envision a retreat made just for you.
Is it a margarita on the beach with some nourishing food after a day of yoga or maybe kayaking in the ocean? Is it an eco-adventure in Bali, yoga retreat in India, or wellness package at retreat center? Is the amazing feeling after doing a cleanse of the mind, body, and spirit for a week sound enticing? Or is it just getting away from the kids and hubby/wife for a while or with them?
Whatever it is there are now a myriad array and variety of wellness retreats out there. So how do you choose?
- Use your Intuition: Let that awesome sixth sense go, and see where the signs lead you. What attracts your attention when you’re searching? Which place seems to be calling you? What lights up your heart chakra or gives you that rush of grounded contentment just looking at the flyer? Go into a bookstore and peruse the travel/health/vacation magazines. Check out flyers at your local yoga studios or health centers.
- Know the Practical: Know your goals, your budget, your time off. How much can you afford to spend in time and money? When do you want to go? What do you want to achieve?
- Use the Internet: For this you need to clarify what to look under, which you can use the above questions for. Choose some cool places that host retreats like Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA, or Kripalu in MA. Choose a locale like Costa Rica, Scotland, or India. You can also search within a certain genre like yoga, meditation, movement, cleansing, or plant medicine. Use a search engine like retreat finder.
- Know your Guides: Who are your guides for your adventures into deeper mind-body-spirit balance? This is the most important question you can ask yourself – who will lead you on your journey towards total wellness. How knowledgeable and experienced are they at their craft? Do you know them or resonate with them? Pick someone who embodies the qualities of wellness to you in their daily life or teaches from a style that resonates with you.
- Gathering with your Tribe: A popular one these days with festivals, skills-sharing workshops, and spiritual gatherings galore. Who do you want to be with on your journey? Which kind of people match your energy? Do you see these people lifting you to greater wellness?
Wellness is a lifestyle. Pick a retreat that will fire you up, and create the inspiration needed to make lasting changes. Go with a friend or family member that can help motivate you to keep going after you return. Look for resources in your local community, and ask people you know about retreats they might have gone on. Above all have fun exploring, and know there are so many great options and the right one will find you.
Join the Bhu Lifestyle!
At Bhu, our goal is to help support and honor the Earth by supporting and inspiring its inhabitants. Our clean label protein bars and cookies are designed to help you reach and maintain improved wellness and a healthier, happier mindset while giving back to the community and Earth as a whole. By choosing 100% natural, certified organic and sustainable ingredients, Bhu provides tasty, healthy options that inspire wellness and help you reach your own personal goals, all while supporting a healthier world. Learn more about the Bhu lifestyle by checking out our website.