The Ultimate Introduction to the Ketogenic Diet
Keto is the Ultimate Low Carb, High Fat Experience
Guide to the Keto Diet
Success on keto means knowing which foods will keep you in a state of ketosis burning fats and ketones while avoiding refined carbohydrates altogether. This section of the Ultimate Guide to the Ketogenic Diet covers just that, helping you through the fundamentals and food choices that will lead you to the results you want while following the keto diet.
Learn about the origins of the keto diet, the birth of the modern keto craze, and explore research that suggests that keto may be the key to preventing cancer in the future.
- Discover how keto was used in the 1920’s to help children with epilepsy
- Find out which Meryl Streep film focused on the healing aspects of keto
- Read about the reemergence of keto as an effective fitness diet
- Learn more about how Keto has evolved into a variety of variations to support people with different needs.
To succeed on the ketogenic diet, you’re going to want to know as many fats and proteins as possible – these foods will provide all of your energy while on the keto diet.
- Learn the reason that you need fats and proteins to succeed on keto.
- Peruse lists of common foods that contain sufficient fat and protein.
- See the different types of foods that are excellent to have available for the keto diet.
- Stay in ketosis with our list of the most low-carb vegetables.
Part of the popularity of the keto diet comes from the tempting recipes that are available – check out six of those recipes in this article.
- View photos of creative keto dishes that you can make yourself.
- Follow links to recipes and more info so you can boost your keto cooking skills.
- Need a new keto breakfast idea? Try Zero-Carb Eggs Benedict!
- Having people over? Keto Eggplant Burgers are the perfect appetizer.
Keto is a powerful weight loss diet, but it’s not without its challenges. Learn to navigate some of the side effects you may encounter on keto and see what they mean to your body.
- Read about keto flu and why it happens as you enter ketosis.
- Learn about other common side effects you may encounter.
- Understand the meaning behind many of the problems you run into on keto.
- Discover tips for relieving many of these side effects.
Fats, proteins, and carbs are your macros – learn about why you’ll be focusing on those first two while following the ketogenic diet.
- Learn about the functions of each of the three macronutrients.
- Discover the optimal ratio of macros for the keto diet.
- View the formula for calculating macros on your own.
- Explore apps that can make your daily macro tracking an easy process.
How’s your keto knowledge holding up? Grab a pen and notepad and see how well you know your keto foods, keto terminology, and keto science.
- Learn many of the fundamental keto terms that you’ll encounter.
- Read explanations of each answer to enhance your keto knowledge.
- Respond to two scenarios you may encounter while following the keto diet.
- Gain an understanding of the subtle differences between keto-safe foods.
Keto is extremely effective at shedding pounds and keeping your body lean and strong.
- Learn 4 reasons why keto is phenomenal for weight loss.
- Read about how carbohydrates are the real culprit behind weight gain.
- Understand the connection between sugar and carbohydrates.
- Check out three tempting keto recipes, like Cheese Shell Tacos.
Keto can be a social experience where you’re learning more and engaging with personalities and keto experts you love.
- Discover four different free keto podcasts..
- Read about six popular keto influencers and where you can find them.
- Follow links to new keto-related sources of entertainment.
- See the wide-range of people who cover the keto lifestyle.
YouTube is a powerful tool for learning and entertainment – learn how to leverage this tool to improve your keto knowledge in this article.
- Learn how YouTube can be used to expand your knowledge of many topics.
- Discover the culture of YouTube stars and influencers.
- See who the most outspoken keto experts are on YouTube.
- Follow links to five YouTube Channels that keep keto interesting.
The more you know about keto, the better you’ll be able to help the people in your life attain their fitness goals. Learn how to get more involved in this article.
- Discover four ways to dig deeper and increase your involvement into the keto lifestyle.
- Peruse a list of 10 different keto-based Facebook groups you can join.
- Find out why Reddit is an excellent keto resource and where you can go.
- Need a keto coach? This article contains three strong recommendations.
See metal music and the keto lifestyle converge in this interview with popular YouTube Star, Sahil “Demonstealer” Makhija, host of the keto cooking show, “Headbanger’s Kitchen.”
- Meet Sahil and learn the origin of his experience with the keto diet.
- Read about his challenges with adopting to keto and hosting his hit YouTube show.
- Learn the favorite keto recipe of the man who’s cooked hundreds of them.
- Sahil explains the only three things you need to make a hit YouTube series of your own.
5 Must-Read Books on the Keto Diet
While there are now numerous ways to get info on keto, books are still an excellent way to learn about the experiences of others on the keto diet, plus tips to improve your own keto lifestyle. Whether you want advice on how to maximize your athletic potential on keto or you simply want to find better foods to make, there are keto-related books that are ideal for you.
- Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet by Jimmy Moore
- Keto-Adapted: Your Guide to Accelerated Weight Loss and Healthy Eating by Maria Emmerich
- The Ketogenic Bible: The Authoritative Guide to Ketosis by Jacob Wilson & Ryan Lowery
- Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less: 100 Easy Prep-and-Cook Low-Carb Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss and Improved Health by Martina Slajerova
- Bacon and Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Cookbook by Celby Richoux
5 Keto-related Documentaries for Fun and Knowledge
The recent upsurge in concern for health, disdain for sugar, and the connection between diet and disease all have something in common – Each of these causes owe a lot of their popularity to the controversial and informative documentaries that made them famous. Whether you find these on Netflix or order them from the source, each will reaffirm the reasons you’re on keto with legitimate studies and powerful experiences that highlight the harm done to our health by sugar.