Ultimate Beginners Guide to Protein
Protein Can Help You Build the Body You Want
More Than Just Muscle
Many people don't realize exactly how vital protein is for our body. Yes, it's crucial in building muscle, which is what it's best known for, but it's also the building block for your body's blood, skin tissue, organs, and cells. Leaving protein out of your diet will leave you frail and unable to replenish the most vital parts of your body.
How And Where to Find It
With this guide, you'll never run out of protein. From plant-based sources of protein to powders you can trust, the tools in this guide will teach you how to reach your protein goal no matter which diet you're on. Plus, we give tips on how to find a reputable brand of supplements and how to figure out how much you need to grow muscle.
Whatever Your Purpose, Protein is Crucial
Have you been trying to gain weight, slim down, or bulk up? Your protein consumption plays a major role in all of these goals, but only if you understand how and why it helps. As one of the three macronutrients, protein is vital for proper bodily function, but those who truly know how to use it can provide valuable support for their fitness goals.
The Essential Crash Course on Protein
Discover various fundamentals about protein in this guide to the macronutrient, what it's made of, and how it can help your body. Learn about the foods that contain protein, the aminos that comprise it, and many more interesting topics.
- Read about the three categories of amino acids and how many there are in total.
- Learn about the many functions of protein including its role in repairing soft tissue.
- Explore the types of protein and the sources where you can easily find it.
How to Get Enough Protein for Peak Performance
To see the fitness results you want, it's crucial to understand the amount of protein you need and why. That's covered in this article, along with various ways to ensure that you can find the protein you need, regardless of whether you're on a vegan or keto diet.
- Learn how to calculate your need for protein depending on your fitness goals.
- Discover why protein is useful for those who are losing weight.
- Find protein in a wide range of sources, including plant and animal proteins.
Power Shakes, Bowls, and Creative Ways to Get More Protein
Did you know that pregnant women typically need more protein? Discover why you may need more and how to get it in the most fun and creative ways possible. This article has tips for delicious protein bowls and ways to spice up your protein shakes.
- Explore 8 unique flavors of protein powder that will add fun to your protein shakes.
- Read about four things you can add to your protein smoothies to boost nutrients.
- Check out three types of protein bowls that are easy and fully-loaded.
Signs That You're Not Getting Enough Protein
Some people who rarely eat animal products and aren't aware of the plant-based foods that are rich in protein may not be getting enough of this crucial macronutrient. Many symptoms can show that you're not getting enough protein, and they're explained here in this article.
- Learn about Sarcopenia, the condition where you lose muscles, and how to avoid it.
- Explore seven signs that you're not consuming enough protein in your diet.
- Consider three tips for increasing the amount of protein you take in each day.
How to Use Protein to Build Muscle Mass
Now that we've discussed the many reasons protein is vital for bodily function, it's time to focus on the main one: How it helps you grow muscle. Explore the benefits of building muscle and understand protein's role in making it happen.
- Read about six key benefits of building muscle and why it's a labor of love.
- Get four tips for increasing your gains during strength workouts.
- Learn how protein builds muscle mass during and after your workout.
Complete Crash Course on Protein Shakes
Protein shakes are one of the easiest ways to get extra protein in your diet without adding sugar or excessive calories. They can be useful for gaining weight, losing it, or maintaining and growing muscle. Discover all you need to know about protein shakes.
- Peruse the differences between six common types of protein, including rice and casein.
- Explore five things to consider when finding the protein powder that's right for you.
- Respond to two scenarios you may encounter while following the keto diet.
- Learn about three highly-reputable brands and follow the links to peruse their products.
Valuable Protein Resources
Learning More About the Best Protein Powders
- eSupplements: List of 2019’s 10 Best Protein Powders
- ProteinPowder.net: 10 Best Protein Powders by Reviews and Ratings
- Eat This, Not That: The Best and Worst Protein Powders
- Verywell Fit: The 7 Best Protein Powders for Men of 2019
- Healthline: The 7 Best Types of Protein Powder
High-Protein Recipes You Can Cook At Home
- Real Simple: 18 Easy High-Protein Recipes
- Muscle and Strength: 200+ High Protein Recipes
- My Recipes: Go Lean with High-Protein Recipes
- BBC Good Food: High-protein Recipes
- Self.com: 27 High-Protein Dinners You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less