Baking is the best, isn’t it? And it's even better with better-for-you ingredients like tiger nut.
This nutrient-dense root vegetable is rapidly becoming a popular ingredient in both foodie and health circles. And for good reason – Tiger nut is packed with health benefits, from digestion to blood sugar regulation, immune system to [double-checks notes, adjusts glasses, clears throat] yes, even your libido. At least according to one study.
And, as recently proven by guru of all things baked and delicious, Rylan Thomas (IG: @the_oatmilk), tiger nut also makes an incredible dessert bread. Rylan won our recipe contest (plus a $250 Bhu Foods gift card) with her mouthwatering tiger nut bread recipe, using Bhu Foods Tigernut Butter as a key ingredient.
It’s easy, it’s flavorful, it’s vegan and gluten-free – and it’s going to be your new favorite bread recipe!
Without further ado, let’s preheat that oven!
Vegan Tiger Nut Bread Recipe
- 4 flax eggs
- ½ cup water (room temp)
- ¼ cup oil (i used olive & avocado ratio)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 2 cups tiger nut flour, (sifted)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup @bhufoods Tigernut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8" × 4" baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flax eggs, water, olive oil, ACV and Tigernut Butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tiger nut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan and place the loaf in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- Remove loaf from oven, cool 10 minutes in pan, then cool on a wire cooling rack.
We absolutely love this recipe, not to mention that it’s way healthier than traditional banana bread, and yet just as tasty.
If you’re looking for something scrumptious to lather on top, we have to recommend our keto chocolate hazelnut spread.